Make an origami bunny for your Easter table | How About Orange

March 19, 2013

Make an origami bunny for your Easter table

Fold a large origami rabbit for Easter
Wouldn't it be fun to have a litter of origami bunnies for your Easter centerpiece? Do big ones, like this guy I made. Or decorate each place setting with a smaller rabbit. Or hide them around the house just for fun.

This bunny model is designed by Stephen O'Hanlon and demonstrated by Mari Michaelis in this step-by-step video. Mine is made from an 18" square of sketchbook paper. It's much thicker than origami paper, and thus harder to fold, but the resulting rabbit is quite a sturdy fellow. He's about 9" tall.

Then after I folded him, I saw these printable rabbit chocolate bar wrappers at Mini-eco. You could have a thoroughly origami Easter!

12 comments:

Scarlet Paolicchi said...

This is so cute! I can just see a little cluster of them in different colors & sizes on my Easter table. ^_^

Have you seen these origami bunny containers? http://www.origamispirit.com/2010/08/origami-bunny-box-dont-wait-for-easter-to-fold-it/

I've added your page to my StumbleUpon! :)

Jessica Jones said...

Great! Yep, I've made those bunny boxes before and they're cute! Here's mine.

Scarlet Paolicchi said...

Now I know it's possible! Yours is super cute. :)

Luci said...

Oh wow ! Just had a shock : those are the same rabbits from the video game : "To the moon" XD
To the Moon : http://youtu.be/sqkJuSV-23U

Marlène said...

J'adore, il est trop joli. Merci!

Laura said...

So cute :) I'm not having a big Easter party, but I think I'll make some anyway - they would add a nice festive touch to my apartment :)

Jessica Jones said...

Precisely. You will feel happy when you see them. I put a tiny rabbit on my husband's keyboard, and I think he liked it.

amy said...

I realized today that I have NEVER in the years that I have followed your blog left a comment and I wanted to apologize. Your blog is on the list of blogs that I check a few times a week for inspiration. Thank you for doing what you do :)

Jessica Jones said...

Thanks, Amy! That's encouraging!

James Everhart said...

Being careful of course not to put two of these bunnies too close together in your Easter display...they tend to multiple. Forgetting to put them away after Easter also has them inviting over their dust-related cousins.

Katja@ Shift Ctrl ART said...

I just found you through Pinterest and I am already a BIG fan of your design work. I had to check out your portfolio too. Impressive!! Love your logo work!!

Jessica Jones said...

Katja, thank you! That makes me happy!